Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I've been watching basketball since I was 9 in 1991 in Illinois which is about as far back as I can remember

I've been watching basketball since I was 9 in 1991 in Illinois which is about as far back as I can remember. Back then, we followed the Bulls, naturally. We moved to South Florida in 1993 and I became a Heat fan the following year despite the immense success that the Bulls were having at the time cheap jersey. 1996 was the first season where I was really into sports in general. I would wake up every morning and be the one who would pick up the newspaper (Sun-Sentinal) at the door and then read the entire sports section. cheap jerseys wholesale Younger generation: a newspaper is like the internet but it is only updated once a day and it is actually printed on real paper. Also there are no videos in it. That year the Heat won 42 games and the Bulls won 72. I remember looking at the Bulls box scores every game they played and how insane their run was that season. In the standings, the column for last 10 games, their column was never below 9-1. nba jerseys cheap It was at 8-2 maybe once.

 At one point in the season, they were 41-3. LOL!!! At that point I didn't think anyone would beat them for the rest of the season and playoffs. The highlight of that season for me was when the Heat beat the Bulls for one of their only 10 losses. It was equivalent to a playoff victory for me. Every team wanted to beat the Bulls that year. I think that this year's Heat team in the second half of the season matched the Bulls first half. Since losing to the Jazz in Salt Lake City on January 14th, Miami has gone 42-4 Cheap Detroit Pistons Jerseys. They only lost a single game in each month of February, March and April. 3 losses in the last 3 months. That is something most football teams only dream of doing. But, as the 1999 Heat team learned the hard way, finishing first and winning the most games in the regular season don't mean a thing if you can't win in the playoffs. That year the top seeded Heat lost in first round to the Knicks. This year, there are plenty of great teams Miami has to watch out for, even the sub-.500 Bucks. I hope the Heat can repeat last year's success. They need to ignore everything they accomplished last year and this year so far and just try to win. As long as they aren't trying to go 16-0 like everyone is probably expecting them to and just do their own thing which seems to have been working just fine, they will do well. That is all I, as a Heat fan, ask of them. yahoo sports But, as a basketball fan and sports fan in general, it would be awesome to see them go 16-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment